Learning About Gifted Kids
To fully understand gifted kids, it's important to learn about what it means to be gifted, to know just what giftedness is.
Understanding the concepts can help you better understand your child and your child's needs.
Articles and Information for Parents of Gifted Children
Parents who suspect their child may be gifted always want to know how they can tell if their child is really gifted. A good place to start is to look over a list of gifted characteristics. Quite often, however, parents need more information than a simple list of traits provides. The information section of Gifts for Learning provides more detailed information on how to identify gifted children. It also offers information on how to nurture the abilities of gifted children as well as other information of interest to parents of gifted kids, such as the benefits of computers and of music.
Identifying Gifted Children
- Is My Child Gifted?
- What is a Gifted Child?
- Different Perspectives on the Term Gifted
- Creating Gifted Children - Nature or Nurture?
- MMyriad Myths about Giftedness
- Is It a Cheetah?
Nurturing Gifted Children
- How to Nurture a Gifted Child
- Nurturing Giftedness in Young Children
- Keeping Gifted Toddlers and Preschoolers Stimulated at Home
- When Does Nurturing a Gifted Child Become Pushing?
- Suggestions To Turn On Bright Children at Home
Other Articles of Interest to Parents of Gifted Children
- The Benefits of Music on Child Development
- The Mozart Effect: Fact or Fiction?
- Can Music Instruction Affect Children's Cognitive Development?
- Personal Computers Help Gifted Students Work Smart
- Choosing Books for Gifted Children
- Before You Buy a Book for Your Gifted Child
- Before You Buy a New Toy for Your Gifted Child
- How to Start a Parent Group
- State-by-State Gifted Education Policies and Legislation
- Evaluating Gifted Programs
- The Least You Should Know About Testing Your Gifted Child